Following an electrolysis treatment, the skin will be sensitive. An aftercare product should be applied to the immediate area to aid healing of the skin and to prevent adverse reaction(s).
The aftercare product is part of the electrolysis treatment and must be applied morning and night for the following 48 hours or until the skin has fully healed.
The aftercare advice is as follows:
- Avoid using any soap, cosmetic or perfumed products on the area for up to 24 hours
- Avoid picking or touching the area
- Avoid sunbathing, swimming, steam rooms, sauna and any other heat treatments for up to 24-48 hours
- Avoid any other beauty or electrical treatments in the area for up to 24-48 hours
- Apply the after-care product to the area using clean cotton wool
- Always wash your hands before applying the after-care product
- Follow the treatment plan as advised and avoid any temporary methods of hair removal, except trimming, as this can affect the results of the treatment
- Keep up with appointments to obtain desired results